Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lucia Nanami

Lucia Nanami first appeared as a young mermaid seven years ago before the story started. One night when she ventured onto the sea's surface and encountered a cruise ship celebrating a festival, she met a young boy. It was love at first sight. But before anything else happened, a giant wave crashed onto the ship and the boy fell into the icy ocean. Lucia went after the boy without a second thought. She saved the boy using her precious mermaid pearl. The boy kept the mermaid pearl ever since.
Lucia has similar personality in the manga. She was portrayed a bit more childish and fights over little things with Hanon often. She is also very dependent as a human, afraid of the lightning. However, her relationship with Kaito goes a lot deeper, especially in the second season. Mermaid Lucia is also given an even bigger role in the manga, especially in chapter 14 when the trio has to rescue the recently captured Caren, princess of the Arctic Ocean. It was Lucia who believed and played the harp to call Aqua Regina's spirit. In the final volume, it shows that Lucia was destined to become the next Aqua Regina, and has now taken her place.
Lucia's hobby is singing, although she is tone deaf while she is in her human form. Her talent is making beaded things, like the three friendship rings she made in chapter 3 of the manga and episode 3 of the anime. Her favorite subject is said to be home economics, while her least favorite subject is mathematics, or any subject that you have to use your head. Her favorite flower is cosmo, and favorite color is pink. She likes shrimp, but dislikes celery and raisins. She also dislikes monsters and being lectured by Nikora or Hippo. She is good at cooking poundcackes and cookies. Her favorite type of boy is a protective boy.



11 comments:

Kirke said...

That was cute! Except Lucia's name is spelled wrong in the last picture.

Unknown said...

the name is not wrong

Kirke said...

Umm yeah, it is. Lucia is not spelled with an "h".

Unknown said...

Lucia's name is spelled without an h, but is pronounced with an h.

Kirke said...

Umm...I know that. I'm not an idiot.

Unknown said...

sorry! I don't mean to be bossy!

Kirke said...

Yeah, I guess I'm being a little rude. =) sorry.

Unknown said...

My friend says that Lucia's name doesnt have the ch sound. She always thinks that I'm wrong when I know I'm right.

Unknown said...

I LOVE ANIME AND I'M PROUD OF IT!
(V)
(O.O)
(__)0
I made a bunny!

Kirke said...

Wow, tell ur friend to read the manga. It tells you how to pronounce it in the author's notes.

Minda said...

is that so...Now i know the spelling of lucia I will just make a time change it

Mermaid Melody Songs and Lyrics

mybloglog

Join My Community at MyBloglog!